Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lucid Party

I was dreaming that I was at an outdoor party at night. As this situation is extremely unlikely, I immediately realized I was dreaming and became lucid. I decided that it would be wonderful if there was someone I could share the experience with.

Nobody at the party seemed very interesting, so I decided that I would try to wish someone into existence. I subscribe to the idea that talking to and interacting with someone new in your dream is as close to communicating with your subconscious as you can get. I looked around the corner, expecting to see someone new, and my attention was immediately absorbed by a pretty girl walking in my direction. I invited her to sit down with me on a thick concrete barrier. We began to talk and she held on to my arm.

I was only vaguely still aware that I was dreaming at that point, but I decided that I may as well play along with the dream for fun, and so I went to get her a drink from the cooler by the barbecue. I poured something tropical orange into a glass and put some ice in it for her.

When I got back to her she was sitting there alone, looking into the afterglow of a light-polluted horizon. I gave her the drink and when I sat down put my arm around her. She turned toward me and pulled me in to a hug. She buried her face below my shoulder and squeezed hard like she really needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment