Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Secret Place

My dad took the whole family to a mansion for something that had to do with his job. Inside was a big rack of clothes, and everyone found some new clothes that fit them except me. We sat at a large wood table with a bench for seating. It seemed that the whole event was a goodbye to a woman that had worked at the same company as my dad for a very long time and was retiring.

After eating some rice and pasta with herbs in it, we moved upstairs. I saw a place where my younger cousins had been playing with blocks, but it was a dead-end so I turned around to look for other places to go. I found a flight of stairs leading to a third floor. Now on the third floor, I continued to wander until I found myself at yet another dead end. This time, however, I spotted a steep flight of stairs that were placed out of sight. At the top of those was a big tunnel like the inside of a barrel made from thin strips of light wood and sanded very smoothly. It led to a bright and very luxurious room, and I sensed that it hadn't been used in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment