Sunday, April 8, 2007

At the Castle

I was in an open area playing golf on fake green grass sculpted into swirls and hills. There were many large holes all around the field. I simply hit the golf balls in any direction and most of them made it in to a hole since there were so many and I was only putting distance away. When there were no more balls to hit, I went to retrieve some from a huge golf hole.

There was a ramp-like piece of grass that moved up and down and acted as a lift to get to the bottom of the ten foot deep hole. The width of the wedge was only about that of my shoe, so I had to balance on one foot while descending. I began to toss golf balls back up to the surface, and found some that were colorful and the size of apples with flat, smooth sides like a cut gem. I picked up a purple one, and a queen looking over the side scoffed at me and looked very displeased as it was her ball.

In my hand, the solid feeling gem seemed wet with purple, as if at any moment it was prepared to spontaneously collapse in my hand and gush a river of pure purple everywhere. I gave the queen her ball and she seemed much relieved, and introduced me to her daughter, the princess. There was a changing room at the bottom of the golf hole, so I changed into more formal attire and stepped on the wedge to get back up.

The first thing I saw after getting out of the golf hole that there was a large castle behind me while I was playing golf. The castle was matte pastel colored and almost every surface was a slightly different shade that worked well in a strange futuristic type of color scheme. The sky was a brilliantly clear blue that dazzled the eyes at the edges of the faces of the castle silhouetted against it. Every edge of the castle was curved with sweeping lines that flowed impossibly large above me.

The princess seemed infatuated with me, and she asked me to follow her. We went through a bright coral blue polished stone hallway with sharp lines and trapezoidal angles to a tennis court indoors and at the locker area in front of the glass entrance to the courts she let go of her racket and it floated there in the air. I asked her idly if she had servants to pick up after her, but she ignored me and we walked back the way we came outside to the golf field.

I woke up, and saw my dad talking on the phone outside my room. I looked at my calendar and it said April 19, which meant I had somehow missed my friend's birthday and didn't get her anything. I was confused, because I knew that surely it couldn't be my birthday yet, so I confronted the calendar and it revealed its true identity as the 8th.

I woke up again and began to think about good gift ideas for my friend for a while. After making a short list I realized that I really was awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment