Saturday, April 7, 2007

Gambler

I was playing cards with a man at a party in a large, luxurious house. I put down a card and he became angry and in an instant kings, queens and jacks rose from the table and filled my vision in a flurry of cards. From the floating orb of cards before me an ace with a picture of a black lotus worked its way to the front, staying stable in the center of my vision.

A bullet came whizzing through the very center of the card and narrowly missed the side of my head. The cards fell away and the man was standing with the long smoking barrel of a gun aimed just above my left ear. I bolted for the door and made my way outside and ran to the driveway when an automated voice said, "Warning! $500,000 in the truck!"

I noticed that truck was red as I dove under a slowly opening garage door to hide, but the door snapped shut quickly behind me to prevent my escape. The man in his black and white suit opened the door to the garage from the house looking for me, and I ran to the door to the side of the house with the man coming after me. To get to the back of the house would be a long, straight run, and I would surely be shot, so I went to the front of the house to see if I could get back in the garage and into the truck. The garage door was open again, but I heard the man inside and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment