Friday, November 24, 2006

Wandering

I dreamed that I walked through the Arby's drive through to get food, but I wasn't hungry so I just ordered for my mom. I couldn't remember what to order, and I was that the pay window with nobody there so I went back to the ordering sign to look at the selection. At that moment a guy poked his head out of the window and I told him I was going back because I forgot to order.

When I got to the ordering window, a throng of people went by me and the guy came out (through the window) with the cash register and gave them all of the change, possible for a fundraiser. It seemed to be all pennies.

After they all left, an old Asian man came walking slowly down the driveway the wrong way, and an old lady followed. I told them they were coming the wrong way and the old lady responded, "oh, so there's two lines!" clearly not understanding the situation at all. The old man pushed past me to the window but I got him out of my way to make my order. I ordered a #2, which was something with shrimp in it, and explicitly stated that it was "not #1" which is what my dream-self would normally get. In the dream, a #2 was some kind of burger with onion shreds and stuff stuck on it so it looked kind of jagged.

I walked up closer to the window and walked straight through the wall like a ghost and ended up inside. I talked to the guy who had stuck his head out earlier. He apologized and told me to take an "anti-acid" and try another place. He gave me three brand-name batteries and a bunch of cheap Panasonic ones. He talked about how hard it was to manage the place. I told him "yeah" and looked around at all the different food machines.

I didn't think he was actually the manager, probably just subbing in, so I asked him. He assured me that he was the manager. I began to talk about the good and bad things about that particular store. One bad thing was the parking lot, where people drive like crazy and it's hard to get to the store. I said it was bad to have so many other food places nearby. My perspective changed to an overview of all the stores around there, most of which probably didn't exist. I said how Arby's is better than McDonalds, but a bit more expensive. I said that the next step up is definitely Applebees, and that is way more expensive.

Back on the ground, outside, we walked by a store made of Legos. All the people who got the change from the cash register were inside. We then walked under a blue arch near a Marie Calendar's or Applebees or something. We went back into the store, and then back out. I lost track of him for a second but I saw that he was going back to his car. Instead of backing out, he drove straight over the barrier with plants in it. Everyone nearby saw, and said in unison "it's just ice plant. Fuck ice plant!" and then started singing something horrible and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment